WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
Whole Body CryoTherapy
Whole Body CryoTherapy is the exposure of a person’s skin to temperatures of -110 to -162 degrees Celsius (- 166 to – 260 degrees Fahrenheit) for a short time (3 minutes or less). The change in tissue temperature also causes a reduction in core body temperature. When the body is exposed to extreme cooling, the blood vessels are constricted and reduce blood flow to the areas of inflammation. Once outside of the cryogenic chamber, the vessels expand, and an increased presence of anti-inflammatory proteins are found in the blood. Whole Body Cryotherapy claims to help reduce pain, inflammation and improve recovery, as well as activates several mechanisms that have significant long-term medical and cosmetic benefits such as:
The outer skin is briefly “frozen”, activating increased production of collagen in deeper layers of the skin (similar to lasers treatments of the face, where very hot temperatures are used). The skin regains elasticity, becomes smoother and toned, significantly improving conditions such as cellulite and skin aging. Skin vessels and capillaries undergo severe vasoconstriction (to keep the core temperature from dropping), followed by vasodilation after the procedure. Toxins and other stored deposits are flushed out of the layers of the skin and blood perfusion is improved after several treatments. The anti-inflammatory properties of CryoTherapy are also used to treat chronic skin conditions such as psoriasis and dermatitis.
The extreme cold exposure causes the body to increase its metabolic rate in order to produce heat. This effect lasts for 5-8 hours after the procedure, causing the body to “burn” 500 – 800 Kcal over the hours following the procedure. After several procedures, the increase in metabolic rate tends to last longer between treatments. Another “survival reaction” to the extreme temperatures is the release of endorphins (hormones) that have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties and improve mood disorders. CryoTherapy has been studied for the successful treatment of medication resistant depressive disorders. Patients furthermore experience a noticeable increase in libido, lending to the use of CryoTherapy for ED and other sexual disorders.
The anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of CryoTherapy can drastically improve joint disorders such as rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. Athletes are using Whole Body CryoTherapy to recover from injuries and improve their performance.
Whole Body CryoTherapy improves the function of the immune system and decreases stress levels.
Safety Instructions for Whole Body CryoTherapy
1. You must wear cotton or wool socks (and underwear for men) to avoid chilblain (this is a painful inflammation of small blood vessels in your skin and can cause itching, red patches, swelling and blistering) or cold panniculitis (this is an acute, nodular, red eruption usually limited to areas exposed to the cold).
2. Treatments are limited to 3 minutes per session. Overexposure to the cold temperatures may cause chilblain or cold panniculitis.
3. During treatment, you must avoid inhaling the nitrogen fumes; this is done by not lowering your head into the chamber (dunking) during treatment; while non-toxic, the fumes lack oxygen and may cause fainting.
4. During treatment, you must keep your gloves on to avoid frostbite on your hands. At no time during the session should your gloves come off.
5. You may end the procedure at any time if you experience any problems or anxiety.
6. Abnormal skin sensitivity to cold may be caused by certain foods, cosmetics, or medication, including but not limited to the following: Tranquilizers, High blood pressure medication.
7. A person who is less than (18) years of age may not use Whole Body CryoTherapy without parental consent.
Contraindications to using Whole Body CryoTherapy
Pregnancy, severe Hypertension (BP> 160/100), acute or recent myocardial infarction, unstable angina pectoris, arrhythmia, symptomatic cardiovascular disease, cardiac pacemaker, peripheral arterial occlusive disease, venous thrombosis, acute or recent cerebrovascular accident, uncontrolled seizures, Raynaud’s Syndrome, fever, tumor disease, symptomatic lung disorders, bleeding disorders, severe anemia, infection, claustrophobia, cold allergy, age less than 18 years (parental consent to treatment needed), acute kidney and urinary tract diseases. Risks of Whole Body CryoTherapy Fluctuations in blood pressure (due to peripheral vasoconstriction, blood pressure may briefly increase by up to 10 points systolically during treatment. This effect should reverse after the end of the procedure, as peripheral circulation returns to normal), allergic reaction to extreme cold (rare), claustrophobia, anxiety, activation of some viral conditions (cold sores) etc. due to stimulation of the immune system.
The Cryo T-Shock safely and effectively uses thermal shock to naturally destroy fat cells without any damage to the skin. It breaks down fat cells, which your body naturally flushes out through the bloodstream and the lymphatic system in days to weeks following the treatment. Cryo T-Shock also helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen and elastin production while tightening muscles. The Cryo T-Shock is also beneficial for facial toning and lifting. Protocols will be discussed and or adjusted during consultation based on recommendations and clients needs. I understand that results may vary depending on individual factors including but not limited to medical history, prior treatments of area being treated, skin type, patient compliance with pre/post care instructions and individual response to treatment. I understand that for purposes of fat/cellulite reduction/skin toning I must maintain good dietary habits, have sufficient intake of water and participate in light physical activity as well as comply with other items outlined during consultation.
Contraindications to using T-Shock CryoTherapy
• should not be applied over inflamed, infected, or swollen areas of the skin
• should not be applied over/near cancerous areas or on clients with active cancer or undergoing chemotherapy
• should not be used on clients who suffer from Kidney Disease
• should not be used on clients undergoing dialysis
• should not be used on clients who are pregnant
• should not be used on clients with varicose veins
• facial applications should not be used on clients who have had Botox treatments within 14 days or Filler treatments within 30 days • should not be used on clients who suffer from Severe Diabetes where sensation has been lost in the skin
Risks of T-Shock CryoTherapy
Risks may include redness, swelling, irritation, skin reaction, or increased heart rate. Some may experience delayed onset muscle soreness from treatments on the stomach due to unintentionally engaging the abdominals, which disappear later that same day. Following any T-Shock Fat or Cellulite Reduction treatment the client understands that a vigorous workout for at least thirty minutes, 15 minutes on Vibration Plate, Whole Body CryoTherapy or Infrared Sauna for 30 minutes is required the same day in order to facilitate lymphatic drainage.
I give permission for photographs and other audio-visual and graphic materials to be used for marketing, education-promotion purposes. Although the photographs or accompanying material will not contain my name or any other identifying information, I am aware that I will not be identified in the photos.
Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna
Far Infrared Saunas from Sunlighten® are the most effective far infrared saunas available. Using Solocarbon heat as the active ingredient, our Sauna offers the maximum therapeutic results. Solocarbon is the only heater on the market clinically shown to raise core temperature, lower blood pressure and aid in weight loss. This is one of the reasons more doctors recommend Sunlighten over any other sauna brand.
Safety Instructions for Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna
1. The use of drugs, medication or alcohol prior to or during the sauna session may lead to dizziness or unconsciousness. Clients using any medications must consult a physician or pharmacist prior to the use of the sauna.
2. Please consult your physician if you are in doubt of your ability to use the far infrared for health reasons
3. No one under the age of 18 is permitted in the far infrared sauna unless accompanied by a supervising adult and a Parental waiver signed.
4. Discontinue the use of the sauna if you feel light-headed, dizzy or heat exhausted.
5. Sauna sessions should be limited to no more than 45 minutes and temperatures must stay below 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Plastic water bottles are not permitted in the sauna.
7. Clients using any medications must consult a physician or pharmacist prior to the use of the sauna.
8. Pregnant women should consult their physician prior to the use of the sauna. Excessive body temperatures have a potential for causing fetal damage during the early days of pregnancy.
Contraindications to using Infrared Sauna
If any of the below apply to you, consult your physician prior to sauna use: Cardiovascular Issues, Obesity or Diabetes – Individuals suffering from obesity or with a medical history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory problems or diabetes should consult a physician prior to use. Heat stress increases cardiac output and blood flow in an effort to transfer internal body heat to the outside environment via the skin (perspiration) and respiratory system. This takes place primarily due to major changes in the heart rate, which has the potential to increase by thirty (30) beats per minute for each degree increase in core body temperature. Medications – Individuals who are using prescription drugs should seek the advice of their personal physician since some medications may induce drowsiness, while others may affect heart rate, blood pressure and circulation. Diuretics, barbiturates and beta-blockers may impair the body’s natural heat loss mechanisms. Anticholinergics such as amitryptaline may inhibit sweating and can predispose individuals to heat rash or to a lesser extent, heat stroke. Some over-the-counter drugs, such as antihistamines, may also cause the body to be more prone to heat stroke.
Alcohol & Drug Abuse – Contrary to popular belief, it is not advisable to attempt to “sweat out” a hangover. Alcohol intoxication decreases a person’s judgment; therefore, he/she may not realize when the body has a negative reaction to high heat. Alcohol also increases the heart rate, which may be further increased by heat stress. The use of alcohol, drugs or medications prior to a sauna session may lead to unconsciousness.
Elderly – The ability to maintain core body temperature decreases with age. This is primarily due to circulatory conditions and decreased sweat gland function. The body must be able to activate its natural cooling processes in order to maintain core body temperature. If elderly, operate at a lower temperature and for no more than 15 minutes at a time.
Children – The core body temperature of children rises much faster than adults. This occurs due to a higher metabolic rate per body mass, limited circulatory adaptation to increased cardiac demands and the inability to regulate body temperature by sweating. When using with a child, operate at a lower temperature and for no more than 15 minutes at a time.
Chronic Conditions / Diseases Associated With Reduced Ability To Sweat Or Perspire – Multiple Sclerosis, Central Nervous System Tumors and Diabetes with Neuropathy are conditions that are associated with impaired sweating. Consult a physician. Hemophiliacs / Individuals Prone To Bleeding – The use of infrared saunas should be avoided by anyone who is predisposed to bleeding.
Fever & Insensitivity to Heat – Individuals with insensitivity to heat or who have a fever should not use the sauna until the fever subsides.
Pregnancy – Pregnant women should consult a physician before using an infrared sauna. Menstruation – Heating of the low back area of women during the menstrual period may temporarily increase menstrual flow. This should not preclude sauna use.
Joint Injury – Recent (acute) joint injury should not be heated for the first 48 hours or until the swollen symptoms subside. Joints that are chronically hot and swollen may respond poorly to vigorous heating of any kind.
Implants – Metal pins, rods, artificial joints or any other surgical implants generally reflect infrared waves and thus are not heated by this system. Nevertheless, you should consult your physician prior to using.
Pacemakers / Defibrillators – The magnets used to assemble our saunas can interrupt the pacing and inhibit the output of pacemakers. Please discuss with your doctor the possible risks this may cause. In the rare event that you experience pain or discomfort, immediately discontinue sauna use.
The NormaTec Recovery System or our Sequential Circulator is an air pressure massager indicated to temporarily relieve minor muscle aches and/or pains and to temporarily increase circulation to the treated areas.
Risks & Benefits of the NormaTec Recovery System or Sequential Circulator
The risks and benefits of using the NormaTec Recovery System are the same as having a massage. If the massage feels uncomfortable, you can reduce the intensity or stop the session. Similar to a massage, the benefits can include the temporary relief of minor muscle aches and pains. It can also temporarily increase circulation in the area being massaged.
Contraindications to using NormaTec Therapy or Sequential Circulator
Acute Pulmonary Edema, Acute Thrombophlebitis, Acute Congestive Cardiac Failure, Acute Infections, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), Episodes of Pulmonary Embolism, Wounds, Lesions, or Tumors at or near the site of application, Where Increased Venous and Lymphatic Return is Undesirable, Bone Fractures or Dislocations at or near the site application.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
1. In consideration for using the Whole Body CryoTherapy, T-Shock Cryotherapy, Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna and NormaTec/Sequential Circulator devices (Equipment), I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, and HOLD HARMLESS HAIR STUDIOS PLUS, LLC, its members, owners, directors, independent contractors, officers, servants, agents, employees and volunteers from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, that may be sustained by any person, while using the equipment or due to the use of the equipment.
2. I hereby confirm that no warranty or guarantee, or other assurance, has been made to me covering the results of the Whole Body CryoTherapy, T-Shock Cryotherapy, Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna and NormaTec/Sequential Circulator devices processes, and I hereby relieve them and hold harmless the releasees from all liabilities for injury or damage that may occur to me. I fully understand the administration of the process, including possible adverse reactions, side effects, or other possible complications. It is understood that this CONSENT is being given in advance of any administration of the process, and is being given by me voluntarily to use the Equipment.
3. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with the use of the Equipment, including the risk of physical injury or disability as the result of such injury, and I am voluntarily participating in said Equipment usage, and entering the above named premises to engage in such usage. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY that may be sustained, or any loss or damage to property as a result of being engaged in such an activity.
4. I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage or costs they may incur due to the use of Equipment by me.
5. It is my express intent that this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse (if any), if I am alive, and my heirs, assignees and personal representative, if I am not alive, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, AND DISCHARGE of the above named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina.
6. I understand that the RELEASEES will not be responsible for any medical costs associated with any injury.
7. I understand that Whole Body CryoTherapy, T-Shock Cryotherapy, Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna and NormaTec/Sequential Circulator, devices are provided for the basic purpose of relaxation, stress reduction, relief of muscular tension, recovery from muscular tension, and recovery from surgery, illness or injury. I further understand that Whole Body CryoTherapy, T-Shock Cryotherapy, Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna and NormaTec/Sequential Circulator devices should not be construed as a substitute for medical examination, diagnosis, or treatment and that I should see a physician, chiropractor, or other qualified medical specialist for any mental or physical ailment that I am aware of.
8. I understand that the staff of HAIR STUDIOS PLUS, LLC are not qualified to perform skeletal adjustments, diagnose and/or prescribe, and that nothing said in the course of the session should be construed as such.
9. Because Whole Body CryoTherapy, T-Shock Cryotherapy, Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna and NormaTec/Sequential Circulator devices are contraindicated under certain conditions, I affirm that I have stated all my known medical conditions and answered all questions honestly. I agree to keep HAIR STUDIOS PLUS, LLC Staff updated as to any changes in my medical profile and understand that there shall be no liability on the staff’s part should I forget to do so.
10. Should you seek or obtain any services from any Independent Subcontractors located within the Hair Studios Plus, LLC building, you understand and agree that they are their own entity and solely responsible for their equipment, services etc. they render and in no way whatsoever will Hair Studios Plus, LLC will be responsible for their services and equipment.
My signature below constitutes my acknowledgment that (1) I have read, understand, and fully agree to the foregoing CONSENT, (2) the proposed services/treatments have been satisfactorily explained to me and I have all of the information I desire and (3) I hereby give my authorization and consent. This CONSENT shall stand as long as I use the Equipment at any HAIR STUDIOS PLUS, LLC location now and in the future. I have read the instructions for proper use of the facilities and do so at my own risk and hereby release the owners, operators, franchisers, or manufacturers, from any damage or harm that I might incur due to use of the facilities.
IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read and understand the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; I have given up considerable future legal rights; and I execute this Release freely, voluntarily, under no duress or threat of duress, without inducement, promise or guarantee being communicated to me.
Furthermore, I agree that I will comply with all instructions on the use of the Whole Body CryoTherapy, T-Shock Cryotherapy, Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna and NormaTec/Sequential Circulator) devices (Equipment) and that I am using these services at my own risk. I agree to use all sessions within the terms of the contract dates and understand that refunds & credits are not given on unused portions of purchased packages. I also understand that packages cannot be shared cannot be shared.
Please Select Who Will be Participating...
This Agreement is just for YOU
Participant's Date of Birth:
Please check if you suffer from any of the conditions listed below:High Blood Pressure
Area of numbness
Joint or muscle injuries
Area of chronic pain